the swanky home - calacatta marble

I have a few design obsessions.  Just a few.  Okay, I have several design obsessions that I obsess over...drool over...fantasize over someday owning...sigh!  Anyway, my current fave is Calacatta Marble.  It's so beautiful and makes such a huge design statement that it's impossible not to talk about it...or drool over it.  Maybe it's because I'm currently working on a couple of kitchens and bathrooms and through my research and a few hours on Pinterest (just a few!) I've discovered how stunning it can look when used in just the right way.  For me that would mean adding marble, marble, and more marble, however I know that look is not for everyone and in the case of calacatta marble a small amount can go a long way and add the perfect amount of wow factor to any room.  I am currently loving the way it looks when paired with beautiful woods, cool or warm metals, grey cabinetry, as well as other beautiful textures, such as the pretty grasscloth in this first photo.  Here are a few of my favourite photos I came across and wanted to share.  Hopefully you too will be inspired by it's beauty. 


Estee Stanley via Decorpad
via Lonny Magazine
More Design and Build
via Style at Home
More Design and Build
Christina Murphy Designer via Made By Girl

Source Unknown
Carol Reed Design
via Pinterest
via HGTV

Windsor Smith Design via Veranda Magazine
via Coco & Kelley
via cococozy


via HGTV

Polsky Perlstein Architects via Decorpad

Ilse Crawford Design

No comments:

Post a Comment