Ikea adel kitchen in progress

Here are a few photos of our second kitchen and bathroom in progress.  We used the Adel cabinets from Ikea.  I personally love these cabinets.  They are a classic shaker style in a soft white and the price is amazing at $99 per linear foot.  This kitchen is for a basement suite in a house that is being sold so it needs to be done very economically.  You might be thinking that marble isn't exactly economical but I found this marble on kijiji for less than $5 a square foot, which is pretty fantastically amazing for a backsplash.  The counters are Ikea's numerar white with a stainless steel strip around the edge.  These are quite nice for the price as well and they are reversible with white/grey, so if you change your mind by the time you get home from the store then the option is always there.  I never change my mind about anything with design.  Ask anyone who knows me.  It will at least give them a good laugh. 

ikea adel kitchen marble

The sink and dishwasher will be going on this wall.  We have a stainless steel sink with square corners and a commercial style faucet both purchased for great prices at Costco (I'll post resources when finished).  Then I have two floating white shelves from Ikea going on the wall above.

Ikea adel numerar kitchen marble


ikea adel kitchen marble numerar

I ended up getting this vanity from Ikea on clearance for $50.  I think it's an older style of the Godmorgan series.  It has white drawer fronts.  I originally wanted to paint the vanity in a grey shade slightly darker than the wall colour, but since we had to keep costs down we ended up keeping the original white/wood.  I do love the look of wood with marble so it will still turn out nicely and help keep it from going to feminine, which I sometimes have a tendency to do. 

marble ikea godmorgan gray owl grey

I love the way the bathtub walls and floor turned out.  The only thing I would have done differently is to use white subway tile without the beveled edge to keep the look more modern.  It was a last minute purchase the night before I found out the tile setter was coming the next day.  Either way I think it's still very nice and I am learning many, many valuable lessons (don't be indecisive and procrastinate when buying bathroom wall tile).   

bathroom marble ikea godmorgan gray grey owl

So we should be finished in about a week or two so I will post finished pictures along with some resources when we are done.  I hope you are having a fantabulous weekend and not fighting the mall crowds or Christmas party consequences too badly.  Enjoy your Sunday.  


jackie




No comments:

Post a Comment